Sunday, September 22, 2013

DIY Mug Quotes

This past week was my roommates 21st birthday! This was my giant mug full of goodies I made for her! 






She's obsessed with tea lately and I knew she was getting a new tea pot for her birthday from someone else so I got her some Strawberry Peach Tea from a tea store nearby! Then I filled the rest of the mug with KitKats! I also cut out some pieces of watercolored paper to make into a cute little flag strand for extra decoration!

I got this massive mug at the World Market for about 3 dollars. Huge mugs are my favorite because you can put just about anything in them! Coffee, tea, ice cream, soup, you name it! I had found the quote I wrote on the mug when the birthday girl herself reblogged it on Tumblr. I thought it was adorable so I penciled the quote onto the mug and then painted over it! I had used a wood pencil instead of a paintbrush so I could make the lettering smaller because I only had fairly fat brushes at home at the time. Plus using a pencil dipped in paint helps me write a lot clearer than I would have with a paintbrush.




The best thing about this project is you can take any mug and any quote you want and paint it on! Super simple and it adds a little something extra when you can customize something with a personal touch!

So, here's to the weird and the wonderful, and I hope you all have an amazing day!

Besos,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips