Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of School Stylin'




It's that time of year again! New pencils, fresh notebooks, and watching all your money disappear because you just bought 5 overly priced textbooks. School is back, and team BFF is ready to take on college by storm, again.

We've got some cute first day outfit ideas for you guys today!
Lauren @ASU: 

106degrees. Thats how hot it was my first day of school on Thursday (and thats relatively cool for mid August!). Basically, I just wanted to go to school in my swim suit because it was SO HOT. I also biked 2 miles to school, so that didn't help either. So the idea behind my first day of school outfit was functional, airy and cute. This is what I ended up with:

(please ignore my mess of an unpacked room and my overly enthusiastic ASU pitchfork being thrown up in the air; I took this picture and sent it to my mom as a traditional first day of school picture memory)
I choose to wear a flowy chiffon top from H&M, with a cute flower accented collar. I tied up the top to give it a more causal look and paired it with my bright orange Joes Jeans shorts that I got on sale from Marshals this summer! 

I put my hair up in a pony tail because of the heat and to show off the cute shirt collar. I also wore my favorite new sandals I got on our recent SF trip at Zara (they were on SUPER sale, score!)


This is a very basic outfit thats great for school! It's a little classier than the typical running shorts, tank top and nikes that most college girls are wearing, yet still comfortable and functional! The bold colored shorts show off some personality without having to use any crazy prints or jewelry! 
After my first class a girl even came up to me and asked if she could take a picture of me for her clubs Instagram! They were taking pictures of cute outfits for their club, Sun Devils Wear Prada. So heres yours truly featured on the clubs new Instagram: 

Jenny @SDSU:

What better way to ring in a school year than with thunderstorms? With tons of humidity and light rain I had to be very strategic when planning my outfit. 
With it being extremely humid and 95 degrees outside I knew I had to wear something light and flowy, so I chose to wear my new bike printed top since it is super lightweight and obviously adorable because who doesn't love bikes? The top is slightly edgy because of the muscle tee like quality and color, but I wanted to make it more sassy by pairing it with my white lace shorts that I found in the Target Children's department (yes, I am twenty years old LOL) and then chose to wear one of my latest thrifting finds which are these black bohemian looking sandals. Since classrooms at school are colder than the arctic I made sure to have a light sweater, which in this case was my oversized denim shirt from Target. 



As for my hair, I kept it au-natural because lets be honest what college student really wants to do their hair when they have class at 9am? Luckily for me, I have natural waves that added to the relaxed feel of this outfit. 



This outfit was perfect for the first day of school as it was extremely comfortable, yet still cute and allowed me to show off my beachy bohemian style. I love all the little details like the studding on the shirt, the cutouts on the shoes, and the lace shorts since it gives the outfit personality without having to go heavy on accessories. 
My take on life is that you dress for a good day, you will have one, and because of my outfit my day was just that!

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips