Thursday, August 15, 2013

Throwback Thursday


Happy Thursday!

Just like on Instagram, here on Team BFF we like to post throwbacks on Thursdays to reminisce about fun times in the past! Not only do we like to throwback events, but also outfits that we loved wearing or had fun styling.

Today’s particular outfit was one I expected to look tragic but actually turned out looking really adorable! 

Lauren and I went with our friend Tori to the Alameda county fair in early July to see Weird Al Yankovic perform. I decided to look up what people wear to Weird Al concerts and results said Hawaiian shirts. I have always thought Hawaiian shirts could only be worn by tacky middle-aged men, but learned when styled correctly can actually look fun and tasteful.

The Hawaiian shirt I am wearing in this particular photo is actually by Dad’s and is by the brand High Sierra. Since it is a little oversized, I decided to tie it at the bottom to make it more of a cropped fit. The pattern is a little out there, but the colors are very muted, so I decided to wear my magenta skinny jeans from H&M to add a little color to the outfit. Since summer nights in the bay can get chilly I threw on my favorite thrifted denim jacket, and since the concert called for lots of standing, I topped it off with my light wash black converse.
This outfit was perfect for the concert but is also perfect for the upcoming fall season because of the colors and layering! This would be a fun outfit to wear with your friends on a weekend, or even to class when you want to be comfy but still look cute. If you wan to make this outfit less bold, swap out the colored jeans for a pair of leggings or your favorite fall pants and if converse aren’t your cup of tea, throw on a pair of riding boots or whatever else you please!

Hope you enjoyed this and I will talk to you again soon!

<3 Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips